The moment you start settling is the moment compromise sets in. It can be a difficult road when you know you are supposed to be somewhere in life and just can’t seem to get there; can’t get breakthrough. There are moments when it seems easier to just quit. Think about this:
8 out of 10 people give up in pursing their dreams
That means that only 2 people stayed in the fight. Only 2 people thought it was worth aggressively pursuing. Only 2 people realized what was at stake. I want to give you 5 reasons why you can’t give up. Not reasons why you shouldn’t, but reasons why you can’t. Some people will read this and say, “I already know that”, some will say, “Well she just doesn’t know about my that” and some will say, “That’s it!” Which one are you?
- You owe it to God – He gave you everything you have to get what you need.
- You owe it to yourself – Stop being so hard on yourself that you can’t move from your past without carrying it into your future
- You owe it to your family – not just your immediate family, but the legacy/generation that comes after you
- You owe it to the people who haven’t made it where you are – Everybody needs somebody to teach them; someone who took the risk and didn’t allow fear to hold them back
- You owe it to the people who need you where you’re going – The top is a lonely place. Someone who is already there needs to pour into you what they have so that their legacy will continue. Don’t try to beat them, join them!
I heard Doreen Rainey say something the other day that really settled in me. She said, “If you want a breakthrough, you’ve got to be willing to breakdown.” Sounds simple enough, but I realized how much I had been trying to stay built up because I thought breaking down was a sign of weakness. Let me help you, breaking down is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength!
When you recognize that your dreams are not a credit, but a debt owed, you will make whatever sacrifices necessary to pay them off!
BE BOLD, BE COURAGEOUS, DREAM BIG and LIVE IT!
Kashonna Holland is a Speaker, Life Coach and Writer. With contagious energy, a vibrant smile, and straightforward message, Kashonna passionately and purposefully journeys alongside women from the point of breaking through the process of breakthrough – personally, professionally, and spiritually.
Click here to schedule your Fresh Perspective Life Coaching session with SK!